1993 Bol d'Or winner found??

L'endurance et la vitesse en France ne seraient pas aussi populaires et renommées sans Dominique Meliand et son Œuvre Le SERT
Répondre
Jasp11R

1993 Bol d'Or winner found??

Message par Jasp11R »

{can anyone help with a translation to French of my message?}

Hi guys,

Searching the web for anything GSX-R I came across a travel report form a British guy on a Gilera. The report is from 2001 and he describes his ride in France.

On a certain moment he is in a town called Blois, or in a small village near Blois, where he stays on a moto camping. I have never heard of the town but it appears to be east of Le Mans.

In the report he writes a very interesting part which I very much like to share with you!

"To complement this achievement, after dusk I walked around the deserted village, architecturally a mixture of the old peasant wine producing France, the older Nobility state of pre-Napoleon with its small but decaying moat-surrounded chateau and the new landscaped tarmac, coloured pave with modern street lighting amongst a few new style homes comprising the main thoroughfare towards Blois with the residents all behind shuttered windows watching TV of course. There was only one place to have dinner.

The “Pied de Mutton” restaurant looked empty but the sign outside said dinner for 59 francs. Once inside, parked on a small stage in the corner was Jean Deletang’s 1992 (Jasp11R: 1993) Bol D’Or winning 750 Suzuki GSXR complete with leathers, photos and other memories of victory. This had to be the icing on the cake. The lady of the restaurant was a friend and sponsor of Jean who incidentally, came second this year on a Yamaha. I took a photo of her and the machine, enjoyed a simple but appropriate meal beside several locals informed of my travels, and departed into the still warm night"

My questions to you: did anyone know this? Is the Pied de Mutton restaurant still there? Is the SERT GSX-R still there? Does anyone has pics on the bike in the restaurant?

bubba
Expert Technique
pays : FRANCE

Message par bubba »

:D

Le Pied De Mouton
83 r Nationale 41700 CHEMERY
02 54 71 30 47

:wink: hi) dh)

"bubba"
Répondre

Revenir à « Le SERT(Suzuki Endurance Racing Team) »